tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Long Way Home ...

Bonjour my faithful readers. Alas it has been a while since my last blog. I have been feeling guilty that you might all be pulling your hair out in desperation from my absence.. so I've just sat down to write this long overdue update!

The month of April has been an exciting one. I had a wonderful holiday in Malaysia for Easter so what better way to end it than another trip!! Ya i'm a spoilt bitch loL! I can never get enough holidays! After a neverending flight across the world I finally stepped down on Maltese land and was happily greeted by some very rude men at customs who gave me a hard time because of my sister's wedding gift (antique chinese chest wrapped in big suspicious-looking box). Yes... a very warm welcome! I was finally released from customs hell and landed in the comforting arms of my family! Aaaw...i'm always fighting back tears!*sniff*

I didn't even have time to feel jet-lagged - before i knew it I was dragged to the dressmaker and they were pinning a dress on me...and then i was being dragged to the beautician and then to the hairdresser..and just when i thought i was on my way home for some peace and quiet..there they were...my family, aunts, cousins all over for pre-wedding drinks and excitement!! It was all quite hazy...people were asking me questions about HK and i was sitting there trying to calculate how many hours had passed since i last slept. Luckily I did have a whole day before the wedding to catch up on sleep and recover from travelling. The house was crazy - my parents were panicking with last-minute things, people were working in the garden setting up gazebos and unbrellas, others were cleaning the house, the flower ladies were setting up their lovely decorations...and i tried to stay out of everyones way! lol! I also tried to stick up for my dad as much as possible as he had bridezilla & mother-of-the-bridezilla breathing down his back! Yes women ARE scary when they're stressed out!

6AM...wedding day... alarm rang..opened my eyes half expecting to get up and get ready for work only to realise that i was actually in my bedroom in Malta!..still trying to get used to the time-warp! Ok - forget all that - time to get PRETTY! Hairdresser...make-up artists...aaah can't i have this everyday??! It was all very frantic.. us ladies all crammed into my room and helped each other dress while the house was filled with people again - caterers, cleaners, photograpehrs, camera men... crazeeey! We posed around- My sister looked wonderful and my mum had the most amazing outfit made and she looked stunning! I was skeptical about my dress when i heard it would be green but i really liked it afterall!

Well we did make it to the church! The ceremony was lovely! One of my sister's colleagues who came from abroad for the wedding told me it was like a 'fairytale'! hehehehehe! The reception was wonderful! When we got home the house was already packed with guests. The house had a huge makeover and my parents slaved for months to fix it up to perfection. Indeed it couldnt have ben nicer! The woderful thing about it was that everybody felt 'at home' and it was a really relaxed atmosphere. Time just flew! - what with meeting up with family, spending time with friends, answering a million questions about hk! It was so much fun! Food was delicious..drinks were flowing..everybody was happy!! Towards late afternoon it was time for the sweets, and my sister and ivan had these belgian cakes brought over for the wedding and i'm telling you the guests went crazeeey! After that it was the official wedding cake together with a hilarious poem prepared by the bestman which had everyone in tears! :-) The band packed up and left but we hadnt partied enough! In came DJ Mario and the after-party got started! We kicked off our heels and did some serious dancing! It was really a day to remember! ;-)

The rest of the week was a slow run-down from the craziness leading up to the big day! I met up with friends, spent time with family, caught up on some typical maltese food and even did some sightseeing! :-) I also visited a special exhibition of the Terracotta Warriors - who would have thought - i live in China but my chance to see them was all the way in Malta! hahahaha! Of course the week simpy flew and before i knew it I was packing my bags again and saying goodbye to everyone! I don't know when I will be back but one thing is for sure - It's always nice to be home! :-)

Here are some pics of my week! More pics and videos coming soon!











8 Comments:

  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger Joyfulone said…

    Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Petra said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Petra said…

    hahaha....candace, never judge a book by its cover!! Wait till you meet him in person...hehe...CUTE is NOT the right word!

    God forbid he actually reads this!!

    *hopefully I'm understanding WHO the cute is referring to!?!?

     
  • At 2:49 AM, Blogger Joyfulone said…

    Haha - I'm referring to our Lilly, of course!!!

    ;-)

    ... just kidding - looking hot, Wol!

    :-P

     
  • At 2:51 AM, Blogger Joyfulone said…

    Oy! Bitch! What comment did you delete???

    Was it juicy? Share!

    xxx

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Petra said…

    hahaha...not juicy at all...it had a spelling mistake...and spelling mistakes get up my ass real bad...so i had to fix it!!! HONEST!

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger tsotsa said…

    Ehhh... you guys are freaks!

    If woll ever gets to HK i'm gonna have a good time match-making! LOL!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jola said…

    Aww, I love your diary of 29 April!!! Mwwaaa xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home