tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Back to Basics!

Perhentian Island- Malaysia. Nightmare to get there .. 100% WORTH IT!!! This place is fantastic! Little wooden huts face the beach and the view is incredible: long sandy beaches, palm trees, the sound of the sea. It's cut off from the rest of the world..no cars, no roads, no internet.. just the blue sea, green hills and blue sky! My hut was 10m from the sea and i had a little porch with seashells on strings which clank around in the breeze. The toilets and showers are outdoors- toilets have no flushing (you have to scoop water from a bucket to flush manually) and the showers have no locks on the door (you can push a stone against the door to keep it closed). So now you know what i mean by 'back to basics!!' - it's like an episode from Survivor! You arrive here on a little boat and you literally have to jump into the sea holding your backpack on your head: no ferry..no jetty..it's as simple as mother nature created it!

Well to summarise the entire week is hard - but to put it simply the island is DIVINE! It is by far the best beach i have been on in south east asia. I spent the entire week in my bikini and barefoot..swimming, diving, lying on the sand, listening to music! I also slept so much!! How can you not sleep when you lie in bed and hear the sea right outside your door! BLISS! soo relaxing!

I did 8 dives in the week and it was amazing! The fish are so amazing- i just couldn't get enough! My favourite are clown fish because when you go really close they swim right up to your face and nibble you! CUTE!! Can't wait to do more diving! :-) The people I dived with were amazing too! We had some good laughs.

So now my holiday is over! Time to put my clothes back on. Time to dust the sand off my feet and wear my shoes. On a positive note- i can have a warm shower and a comfy poop! :-P

Also .. in less than 2 weeks i'll be on my way home.. so i guess my holidays aren't over yet!! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home