tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Me Juice-Ladeeeey

Following several boring days of ingesting medicines I can proudly say that i am now on the road to recovery. My routine has been completely disrupted - i'm used to going to gym or going out after work but due to my zombie-like state i was heading home for a hot mug of tea ... and what can one do in an apartment all by themselves to pass time?? ... COOK!!! So i've been turning my kitchen upside down and feeding myself all sorts of delicious stuff! hey... i'm not complaining! :-P

However my most delicious treat is my juice lady who is actually a fruit lady who makes juice too. She is my new best friend. I like to call her Lilly. She's got all these amazing juices and every day i treat myself to one of her lovely 100% fruit concoctions. I'm a sucker for banana milkshake so my heart is always set on that but i have been making an effort to try other stuff and right now i'm hooked on carrot and orange. Thats until i got to school drinking my juice and my chinese colleague told me that if i drink/eat too much carrot my skin will turn blotchy!! Hmmm.. urban myth or horrific fact?!?!

Please rise for a standing ovation. I have a date on Saturday!! Hi my name is Tsotsa and it's been 10 years since my last date... ok maybe not 10 years but it feels like 10 years! I know!!! It's hard to believe i don't date more than i do considering i'm such a sweet, nice person! :-P Anyway i have a date so that means there is hope for all the rest of you out there! So his name is Graham and actually i've already been on a bunch of dates with him(he is the guy i met at the roof party a couple of weeks back) but next saturday is his friend's birthday and he has invited me to be his official date to his friend's party! FuN! Actually it's a dress up party and the theme is 'Prom Night' so for one night I am going to embrace american culture and slip into a dress and possibly a tacky tiara and do my best prom queen impersonation! (photos to follow soon hopefully;-)

Over the past couple of weeks i've been getting to know my colleagues more and i'm telling you they're a crazy bunch. Our school runs pretty smoothly and the head teacher is so nice and friendly so it doesnt feel like we have someone breathing down our back.Besides the usual hilarious things that the chinese teachers do (such as squealing at the top of their voices and laughing like 1oyr olds) I've discovered that they are a bunch of fashion-obsessed ladies. The staff who work in the office have labeled their stationery according to their favourite brands -- yes... we have a Chanel stapler, a Louis Vuitton perforator and a Miu Miu desk organiser!! Classy!!

Tomorrow is finally friday and i'm overjoyed cos i'm leaving work early to collect my ID card from immigration offices. This actually shouldnt take long, after which i will meet up with my lilly and another friend lizzie and we'll treat ourselves to some nice girly drinks and dinner! :-) Bliss!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger cass said…

    hey girl!!

    Congrats on getting to the offical date status with Hercules! that is excellent, rumour has it that most girls score on prom night... ;)

    anyway hope u r feeling better, come online and enterain me bitch.

    miss u
    x

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Jola said…

    Heyy!! Maa you're hilarious! I want to see loads of pics of your outfit! Where are you going to get your dress from??? Don't forget a plastic bouquet! Check out some websites cos you'll get loads of ideas - I saw loads of prom stuff while searching for bridesmaids dresses.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home