tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Wonderful World of Dettol

Did you know one can build muscle with cleaning? I have never cleaned so much in my entire life!! My body aches and it's all because of cleaning. I have a new found respect for housewives!!

So you may be wondering how my apartment-makeover is going and here is the first bit of feedback : I have concluded that the person who lived in my apartment was definitely a big pig who never cleaned and liked microwave - noodles (yes i know that because there were bits of dried up noodles in the microwave). Well first things first! I went shopping and stocked up on all kinds of detergents to begin the near impossible task of cleaning up the place. They sent a cleaner from school who helped me scrub the kitchen while i attacked the other rooms. I've scrubbed every possible inch of the place and have thrown out any bits and pieces left behind by previous owner : 5 socks, 1 pair of calvin klein pants, empty deoderant can and one huge container of protein shake powder(?). Yesterday evening i certified the place to be clean enough to allow food in so I did my first shopping spree and began to stock up the fridge and kitchen cupboards. I also bought plates, bowls, kitchen utensils and cutlery...because the only thing to be found in the kitchen were chopsticks and 2 dirty knives - Yes when i say dirty i mean dirty..like they were dipped in marmite a year ago and left there!! I threw those out with the socks and pants.

The plan for today is pretty busy too. They are coming to install my cable tv and internet so i'm pleased about that. Meanwhile i will be busy removing the dodgy sun & moon curtains in my living room as well as unscrewing the protective bars over the windows (no i don't feel suicidal just yet!) I will also do some scrubbing in the bathroom and tidy up the kitchen. I will also head back to the shops to get some more stuff that i forgot to buy yesterday.

As for school news its been going pretty well! I was so nervous on my first day - even though i've done this before but it's still new place and new faces. I've been assigned the 3-4 year old class and they are quite sweet...no weird ones so far. So far my job is pretty limited..i only teach the kids for 45min and the rest of the day is my preparation time (here i am..updating my blog) but i am hoping that i will have more duties eventually. I also have a very sweet co-teacher Miss Wong ..she is so nice. The other english teachers are very nice and helpful too.

WEll thats really it. I am really looking forward to the weekend because i'm feeling like i've bene running on adrenalin for the past week and i just wanna unwind and relax. On Friday we have a friend's housewarming party and afterwards ill be spending the night at Candace and Saturday we'll have a nice relaxing day! I can't wait... after all this non-stop scrubbing. I can't seem to get any peace..i sit down for a rest and i think ''hmmm maybe i should scrub that cupboard/shelf/table-top!!! Grrrr!

So this weekend will definitely be time off from cleaning!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    So I woke up quite early this morning, and decided to log on the net. Amongst other things I check my email, work email, and decide to check out any updates on the wonderful adventures of Tsotsa in Hong Kong. As her first week at work and in her new place I was expecting great stories about new people she met, the location of the flat, cool things about the surroundings, plans for new adventures....

    Only to discover that the greatest adventure is scrubbing the loo inside out with Dettol!!! haha. Quite a start Mart... Did you find any funny insects hidden around too? Ah you shold get one of those CSI blue lights that helps checks the walls and sheets for any funny liquids or other substances............

    Most importantly - did you throw away the CK pants? Can you tell me the size? Maybe we can recycle? yukk!! hehe

    p.s. what are the measurements of the curtains? Maybe I can put them up at the flat.... i need some colourful ones there :P

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger tsotsa said…

    HAHAHAHAHA that's hilarious!

    First of all i do NOT want one of those CSI lights cos i can just imagine what would show up and then i'd be cleaning FOREVER!

    As for the underwear..it was seriously gross! I peeked under my bed and i see all these things bundled up, so i used a hanger to pull them out (not really CSI standards either) and out came these panties and 4 socks EEEWW!!

    As for the curtains... well what can i say..theyre all yours!!!
    :-D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home