tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

You may call me ... Martha Stewart!

Long, tiresome day here in the provincial town of Tuen Mun.

Our morning started off sitting on the couch, sipping tea and watching a group of chinese ladies doing their morning exercises. Seriously this is hilarious.. I never cease to amaze myself at their weird habits: I got over the chicken feet, their loud screeching voices and their weird dress sense... but the exercising?... I mean how can they possibly believe that swinging their arms from side to side for half an hour is gonna do them any good?! I know what you're thinking... ''at least they're doing something.. so it's always better than nothing'' ... but pleaaaaze ladies get your act together!! ... i don't see the benefit of tapping your hands on your head or walking backwards. Do they even break into a sweat?! Whatever happened to unconventional stretching!?

Sharon joined us for dinner so I decided to spoil the girls with a little maltese cuisine! I cooked 'mqarrun' which for you non-maltesers out there is a baked pasta with a meaty sauce. I also made a trifle for dessert ... sponge cake topped with cooked apples topped with custard and chocolate pieces. In all modesty.. it all turned out quite nice! I actually had a great time preparing all that as it kind of filled my afternoon! I also got my other housewifely duties done .. picked up the laundry ran errands, did the shopping! Candace and I also went to the gym and did our daily run! (Yes there were ladies there too doing some seriouuuuuus exercises)! Give us a break!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger Joyfulone said…

    Ow, Lilly!

    My body is creaking... may have to do a power walk rather than a run today.

    My clothes are starting to fit better though - despite the Maltese potions you've been serving up!

    Can't wait for leftovers - save me some, Bitch!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Petra said…

    aw Lilly!

    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the name 'Lilly' dates back to a couple of summers ago on the sacred island of Melita erm..Malta!! Yes yes, don't you remember Ryan calling us girls Lilly!?? Well, it's amusing the way this name has travelled across the world and put a smile on everybody's face, everybody's except Wolly's, who seems like he's worried you're losing your Maltese roots. Funny thing though, I actually have an AUNTY LILLY who's just as funny and entertaining as her name is!

    Anywayssss....it's good to know you're having a good time. Your blog becomes more and more interesting and your mood has changed so much (for the better)since you've left:
    like winter to summer, like a cocoon into a butterfly, like a seedling into a beautiful flower, my ladybug seems to be finally happy!:) (WHHhhhaaaat!??? could I be more corny!???)

    Insomma Lola (you will always be Lola aka Pudina to me!!)we miss you loads back here...keep the blog posted so we'll remain entertained xxxx love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home