tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Heyyy Lillyyyy! :-)

Yesterday was a pretty exciting day! Words cannot describe how much fun i'm having spending time with Candace and even though we were friends before I think we have never been as close as we are now!

First things first: My visa update! So basically I got a call from the school saying that immigration department are having some trouble recognizing my documents so I had to go to another department that accredits foreign documents. This process whould take about two more weeks and after that my visa will be issued and i will finally start work! So i guess i got another two weeks of holidays which i'm sure will pass quickly since Candace and I are always finding things to do to keep ourselves busy! The GREAT news is that i found out which school i'll be working at, aaaaaand the area is Hung Hom in kowloon!!..and i am very pleased about that because it is extremely central. For my friends back at home I have prepared the map below to give you a better idea of what i am talking about!



The blue spot at the top is where i lived in 2005..that is basically close to the border of China. The pink shaded area is the centre of Hong Kong which is basically the area around Hong Kong harbour. The red spot is where ill be living this time round!! :-) The green spot is Tuen Mun which is where Candace lives. More great news is that I will be working in an International class which means that i will have my own class of kids for the whole day whereas with the chinese classes i would go from one class to another and give 20min lessons. I'm glad to be in the International class because i feel like i can build a better relationship with the kids. I'm looking forward to that.

So yesterday after rushing around to get some errands done, Candace and I headed to Soho (which is like a restaurant/cafe area) where the plan was to relax and people-watch. This turned into a couple of glasses of wine, a nice dinner and lots of laughs! After sitting there for a couple of hours Candace was all ''Lets go dancing!!!" so we dragged ourselves a couple of streets to the bar area of Lan Kwai Fong, which to our surprise was pretty happening for a Monday night! We sat and continued our people watching..pointing out who's cute and who's not (very Paris Hilton style)...and calling everyone 'lilly' cos thats all we've bee doing lately! (I'm introducing Candace to bits n pieces of maltese culture.. right lilly?! :-P ) We met these two guys from Switzerland and Austria but are actually half chinese, and we chatted with them for an hour or so! Candace got the cute one whereas i got the boring one! (You biiitch Lilly!) Anyways we finally dragged our asses home and because of another late night we are now lazing on the couch in lazy-mode!

I need a couple of quiet nights in Lilly! :-)

P.S Other highlights of the day..
1. discovering Starbucks' steamed milk with caramel flavour!! Deliciouuuus and not as fatty as the creamy frappucino's! Bye bye Frappi..this is an end of an era!
2. doing my impersonation of Sarah Jessica Parker in 'Sex in the City' walking the streets of New York with her Starbucks Latte! All i need is a pair of Manolos!!!
3. Oh baby.................. ................. when you talk like that......... inspired by Shakira... DONT ASK!! Cheers Candace!! :-D

3 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Wol said…

    Ghadni ma fhimtx x'inhi di ta lilly ta, Ma tantx naraha 'maltese cultue', iktar xi Guza jew cetta kieku.
    Anyway... Kif sirna efficenti bil- mappa u hekk, you're becoming a bit of a fuggie. Glad to hear all the good news, and hope they'll stop torturing you with that bloody visa.
    Take care lady
    Miss you to pieces
    Il-wol

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger Joyfulone said…

    muta muta urunu fibutu!

     
  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger Joyfulone said…

    oops - I meant:

    mutu mutu qrunu f'butu!

    xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home