tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Monday, January 08, 2007

From Kuala Lumpur-Sticky to Hong Kong-Cool!

I loooove winter!! I wish it were winter every day of the year!!!!! (Ok this is probably just a phase..ill be moaning for summer soon enough!) HELLO HONG KONG!! It's so great to see you! And it's sooo great to see Candace again! And it's so weird not to see you Mark! Hahahaha! Well here is a re-cap of the past few days...

Since my last blog i spent a few days in Kuala Lumpur with my friend Aysegul which was great fun, even though it was my 3rd time back in KL and it just seems to be the stickiest and hottest place in the whole of Malaysia so i'm not too keen on it. I decided to fly to Hong Kong even though my visa is still not ready, but Candace was nice enough to take me in (thanks girrrrl :P ) so I looked into booking my ticket and discovered that the cheapest way would be to fly from Singapore!! So back to Singapore i went! Said goodbye to Aysegul but really looking forward to seeing her next month when she finishes her Southeast asia trip in HK, and boarded the bus to Singapore. Now..i know you're on the edge of your seat waiting for my usual bus tale but unfortunately (and weirdly) i have no scary story today!! I arrived in Singapore and dragged myself (and all my luggage) to the airport. I left my luggage there and headed back into the cty to kill time and have some dinner in Chinatown which turned out to be delicious and probably the most amazing meal of this whole trip! At about 10pm i returned to the airport..bought a nice chocolate shake and my usual travel magazine and settles down quietly at a cafe. My flight wasnt until 6am so i had a whole night there!

After a while this old man with a huge white beard (he looked like an Indian father christmas) sat at my table and began to eat his rice. He was chucking it into his mouth and rice was flying everywhere but it was mostly sticking in his beard. I was watching him from the corner of my eye and trying not to laugh! Eventually he caught my eye and smiled and then leaned forward and said 'tell me when is your birthday and i will tell you if you are lucky'... so i told him...and he sat and analysed for a while...and then said that 22 is not a good number because it adds up to 4 (2+2) and anything that adds up to 4 is a bad number ...ie. 4, 13, 22, 31. Anyway... basically he explained that by 'bad' he means that it is the most powerful number and that i am a 'power' person - he said that i have a strong character, that i often do things blindly, that i am hot-headed and arrogant. I dont think that i am arrogant but the others i guess are right. He told me that after my 24th birthday the green light will go on and i will start to make advances in my life .. which is quite interesting considering I decided to travel again just around my birthday. He also told me that the man i choose to marry must correspond with my power number 22..and for that i need a man who is gentle and good-natured...which supposedly should complement my strong-nature. My man numbers are 1, 10, 19 and 28 (they all add up to 1) so i guess my first question when i meet a guy will be 'when is your birthday!'

Well after my fortune-telling episode i had a long, sleepless night at the airport but finally boarded my flight at 6am and practically passed out with sleep even before take-off! I slept through most of it and landed in Hk feeling dead tired but strangely excited to be back! Candace was there to meet me at the aiport and it was great to see her again! It was all a little surreal...i guess it felt like when i returned home and i felt like i had never been away...and now it feels the same way except that it's been 1 yr and a half since i left HK but it feels as though time stood still. It also feels strange that Mark is not here because he was the person closest to me, so meeting Candace again i was almost half expecting to see Mark again too! Mark, you must be laughing so much right now...Get back on a plane and come to Hk...its weird without you!!! Lol!

What i do know is that its definitely a good feeling and i am excited to start work and get settled in! Today Candace and I went into the city and did some shopping!! I bought a sexy white wrap-over shirt and a stunning pair of pink shoes that i am sooo in love with and i got on sale for like lm8 from lm38!! I also talked Candace into buying these lovely 60-style shoes she had been drooling over for months...so there you go...2 pairs of shoes= 2 happy gals out on the town next saturday night!! ;-)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! Does our favourite bargain street still exist???

     
  • At 5:47 AM, Blogger tsotsa said…

    Yeeees!! Went there yesterday night!!
    I was dying to do some crazy shopping imma ahjar i wait till i start working lol! :-P
    Soooo many shoe shops with crazy hk-style slippers and heels and so cheap!! You would go crazy! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home