tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Welcome aboard the Cockroach Express!!

Why am i so unlucky when it comes to bus rides? The last time i boarded a bus i had to deal with a pukey-child...but this time round we had to deal with cockroach infestation!! EUGH!

Goodbye Singapore I'm gonna miss you! I have to admit that it was definitely one of the highlights of my holiday, mostly because i had so much fun in the dorm room with the other girls!! Yesterday evening my Turkish friend Aysegul and I boarded the bus to Kuala Lumpur but after 5 minutes that we got on we realised there were these little baby cockroaches crawling everywhere!! We were jumping on the seats and slamming our shoes around but the rest of the bus was full of locals and they didnt seem to care much!! They were probably thinking 'crazy foreigners'!! Anywhere these things were everywhere and we were really freaked out about them so we kinda cooconed ourselves in a sleeping bag and slammed shoes around everytime we spotted one. Aysegul begged the bus driver for a spray or something but he kept telling her 'Sorry I am...Sorry I am!' and alas we had to live with it! According to the bus station we had to arrive in Kuala Lumpur at 6am but our driver must be a distant relative of Schumacher cos we got there at 3am!!! So we got a taxi to our hostel but we didnt want to pay for a room which we would sleep in for half a night so we decided to sleep on the sofas in the lounge area of the hostel! After about 30min the guy felt sorry for us and gave us the key to a double room and we didnt have to pay! YaY! :-)

So today we woke up in Zombie mode and decided that we needed to pamper ourselves so after a late lunch we headed to the hairdresser and got a colour and blowdry!! Aaaah bliss! I havent had decent-looking hair in a whole month!!We also had a good laugh by taking 'before' and 'after' photos so hopefully i'll get those on here sometime soon! I also got an email from HKsaying that they are checking about my visa status and they should get back to me tomorrow, so hopefully that might be ready soon, and alas that will be the end of my holiday here!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey lady,
    U used the word 'alas' 10 times, what is this ..shakespeare? anyway say hi to the cucarachas next time you see them. You seem to have had a nice new year, aaaaaah i envy your tan mart, you look sooo alive and healthy. Thanks for your postcard by the way, wish i was there with you.
    Ciao Ciaaoooo sinjorita

     

Post a Comment

<< Home