tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Friday, December 29, 2006

Welcome aboard the puke-express!

I have huge admiration for people who travel with young children.
Lots of admiration but no compassion!

Today i took a 6 hour bus ride from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. When i got on the bus the first thing i spotted was this family climbing on with 2 young children, strollers, bags with nappies/bottles/softoys/wipies..you name it! How do they do it! SOmetimes i search in my bag for half an hour to find a tissue... you have to get a degree in organisational skills before you even think of having babies!

Anyway back to my story. Before the bus even left the parents started force-feeding their young daughter this liquid which i got the feeling was some kind of diluted medicine. When the job was done they hung around holding a plastic bag in case she puked it ..which she did.. but only a little... saving the rest of it for 10minutes later when the bag was no longer available for quick access!! This kind gesture of hers made the bus ride a very nice, comfortable but smelly experience! I was not amused and almost sick myself by the end of it! Besides that the children were seriously wrestless and whiney the whole time!

It must be so tiring being a parent! Thanks Ma and Pa for all your patience hahahaha!

Well i arrived in Singapore and i was pleasantly surprised by the place. I only got here a couple of hours ago but first impressions are great! I will be here for the next few days so i will tell you more about it soon. I am staying at a hostel which is in the Indian area of the city known as Little India (duh) and its quite interesting beacuse the streets are full of indian shops with blaring indian music! Quite funny! **Chuli Chuli jatchamari..** hahahaha something like that!! :-)

2 Comments:

  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Pep said…

    hi again

    for cheap electical stuff..visit siam square just on the main road around the corner from little india. plus you have to go on the dhl balloon, its fantastic. so much to do there.

    singapore rocks...god i love that place!!!!

    enjoy :)

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Pep said…

    forgot to add

    the night safari is a must see!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home