tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sun, Sand, Sea and Jellyfish!

Finally i get a chance to blog. Yes i know..i've been slacking in the past couple of days! Today i arrived on the island of Palau Langkawi which is further north and also very close to the border with thailand. It is just a 2 hour ferry ride away from the island i was on previously so it was pretty easy getting here even though i got a bit seasick EUGH.

Im staying at a hostel on one of the most popular beaches on the island. Its raining today so the beach looks a bit gloomy but i'm sure its great on a sunny day. This beach was hit badly by the tsunami so you can actually still see abandoned resorts and broken houses. Its quite ghostly. Anyway after a nice nap i went for a swim and ate some noodles on the beach..and just relaxed and listened to music. Some local children were playing with seashells and they asked me my name...and then spent the whole time saying 'mar---tiiiin--aaaaaa' ! hahaha real cute!

Going back to two days ago, i was walking in Chinatown and this guy rode past on a bike and stopped to chat. When i told him im from Malta i was really surprised to get a huge smile and an exclamation of 'MAAAALTAAAA' instead of the usual 'Malta-Where'! Turns out this guy met 3 maltese people a couple of years ago. He is half malay and half thai, but he can speak english very well. We had lunch together and then got the bus to the beach where we met some other friends of his, one of them an italian girl married to a malay. Her 4 yr old daughter was on the beach with us and she drove me absolutely mad cos she was out of control, throwing sand, jumping on me, and she was drooling the whole time..mostly on me!! Eugh!! hahahaha! After the beach we went for dinner at an indian street stall where as usual it was a battle with 'what food could i possibly like?' My friend Zul suggested chicken tandoori but then i realised that i had to eat it with my hand and i was so grossed out! I was watching him dig in and i was trying to think of ways of how to eat it nicely. At least it was just chicken and bread... ALLA HARES it was rice with sauce and stuff! Yes i was watching people on the other tables just digging in with their hands and i was just thinking 'how do they do it!!' Zul was laughing at me but i guess he would freak out if he had to eat with a fork and knife lol!

Yeterday we visited the botanic gardens which was quite nice except that it was hot and humid so it wasnt exactly perfect weather to relax in a garden. Also there were these vicious crazy monkeys running around and i was afraid one of them would bite me! hahaha! Yesterday i had a fruit day... thats it!..no rice..no noodles...no eating with my hands! I need to detox! So i ate fruit all day...banana milkshake for breakfast, watermelon & pineapple for lunch, banana and apple for dinner, and banana pancake before bedtime! lol.. not bad! Zul joked that with all the bananas i ate i might look a bit yellowish today! I needed it thats for sure... i was actually happy to eat noodles today! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home