tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Baby, it's cold outside ...

Those of you who know me well know that i'm crap when it comes to surviving in hot weather! Its almost a shame considering that i come from a relatively warm island and i should know how to live with it! This morning, in the kitchen of my hostel a guy asked me if i'm British because 'you are white as a ghost' he said. 'Gee thanks'...havent had the chance to sunbathe yet!!

Back to my initial point: it is so unbelievably hot!! Why do i have so much trouble dealing with this!! It makes me mad. I left my hostel this morning and within 15 minutes of being outside my hands and feet were swollen and within 30 minutes my clothes were sticking to me! Eugh! I actually managed to survive the whole day outdoors: visited the KL park - an orchid garden and a bird park, visited an area known as China town but not too impressed..mostly lots of street stalls selling absolute junk... had a plate of sweet&sour chicken with rice for lunch..and yes..it wasn't supposed to be spicy but i drank a whole bottle of water and wiped my tears!

After that i visited the Petronas Towers... the worlds tallest building standing at 140 hmmm gotta check my facts... but well trust me its hiiigh! Its the one in that film... umm.. whats the name of that film.. the one with Catherine zeta jones & who was that other actor!... GOLDFISH memory!!! The heat is drying up my last few memory cells! Mr. Always-got-his-facts-right will help me out here im sure :-P Anyways it was really impressive!

And after that... like a hallucination in the desert.. there it was... Starbucks!!!! Oh I love Starbucks!!! And yes i know i hate coffee but they have the most amazing Frappuccino with chocolate & cream & no coffee YUMM.. I MISSED YOU!! By the way ... In Hong Kong i gained 7 kilos and it was probably all due to to many frappuccinos... so i drank mine today with a slight tinge of guilt and promised that i wouldnt have another one for at leaaast another week.

Sure.





2 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey babe...I think the film you were talking about was Entrapment no??
    Hehe...just thought i'd satisfy your curiosity coz I know I'd be dying to find out!
    Take a frappucino for me pleeease...
    Love ya xxx

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger tsotsa said…

    Heheheheh ya i think thats the one. I dont even think i watched it but i remember the part where theyre swinging from the bridge that connects the 2 towers.

    I was expecting fug to leave a super long comment with the name of film, leading actors, who directed it, which year it was released, how much it costs to buy on dvd ... ... ....
    ;-)
    fug are you out there?
    BOQ !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home