tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Monday, December 11, 2006

The weirdness of it all !!

Greetings from Malaysia :-) ! This is soooo weird!!! I've been here only a couple of hours and i think it still hasn't sunk in that i have flown right across the world. I guess i'm just gonna have to pinch myself and get over it! :-)

First things first. I am in love. I can't believe it took me all this time to discover Emirates Airlines!! The flight was obviously a tough one cos planes are never really comfy but i swear i was thrilled to be pampered by the crew. Besides the seats being super comfy compared to other airlines, each seat had its own little screen with an endless selection of films, games, tv series u name it!! Haha lufthansa..u wont be seeing me again! ! Also..everyone says how great shopping at the dubai airport is.. but i really had to see it with my own eyes to believe it cos it was just incredible. I was there at 2am but the place was just packed with people shopping to their hearts content. Maybe i'm just easily impressed! :-P Just seeing people shop made me wanna shop too! I think ill be coming home with an empty suitcase just so that i can fill it in dubai!!

Well the flights were entertaining but i haven't slept much in the past 48hours not to mention the 3 days leading up to sunday. My first impression of Kuala Lumpur is positive. Unfortunately it was raining today so everything looks a bit dull... but it seems like a nice city and the people are sooo nice! Everybody was running to my help and wanting nothing in return which is quite rare in asia (at least the experience i've had so far)! When i was walking in the street looking for my hostel this old toothless man came running to show me where i had to go! He was all gestures and smiles cos he could't speak a word of english! The smells in the street and the food stalls remind me a lot of thailand so it's nice that it feels just a little bit familiar.

Anyways, having skipped through 7 time zones in 12 hours i need to get some serious sleep and hopefully get enough energy to go out and do something tomorrow! I'm feeling so tired i think im on the verge of hallucinating!
Ha mmur niekol noodles.. u sodda ! ;-)

3 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi marty, Hope ure having a great time.. we r missing u already especially while sitting in my boring office. Let me know if u get this comment ax i'm not too sure how this works.... pc genius kont gejja hihihi.

    Anyway as u already know no real updates from here as yet.... i guess we have to wait for our weekend adventures before i can on pass any hot issues.

    Take loads of care pupa. love u loads xxxx

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger tsotsa said…

    hahahaha thanks for yous msg cic! Cant wait to hear your gennati stories ;-)
    xxx

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey babe! Its Lady P. Thanks for the detailed info ure leaving on your blog. Im sooo jealous and am suddenly feeling to need for a holiday. Sounds like eveyrthing is going as expected and that your trip was great!Hope to hear more details about your adventures in the coming weeks.
    I miss you loads already lola. Big hug XXX

     

Post a Comment

<< Home