tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Dip Me In Chocolate Babeeey!

Last night Candace introduced me to the most diviiiiine invention ever!
Our night started off at a Vietnamese restaurant which is quickly becoming my favourite eatery in Hk! After a delicious dinner we headed to a quiet bar in Soho where we had a glass of wine topped with lots of girly talk! A couple of hours later we went in search of a place which Lilly recommended highly!

The place goes by the name of 'Feather Boa' and it is actually a kind of 'secret' bar because the entrance is just a plain-old looking door with no sign so you could walk right past it and not even realise there's a heaven of goodies in there. It's very Alice in Wonderland style: From the bleak Hong Kong pavement you step though the door which on the inside is draped with heavy gold curtains. Step through the curtains and you are transported into this Renaissance-like place : chandeliers, deep gold draped ceilings, candlesticks, paintings... and the best part... the most delicious drinks ever!! We ordered a strawberry daiquiri which is served in a martini glass which is dipped in chocolate!!! So when you sip your drink you first taste the delicious sweetness of the chocolate layer on the outside of the glass mixed with the delicious sweetness of the strawberry daiquiri! Soooo divine!! Candace was devotedly and shamelessly licking the chocolate off her glass while i was trying to be more subtle and ladylike!! hahaha youre embarrassing lilly!! :-P Well... we will definitely be back next time for the chocolate martini's with maltesers! Eeek! I might just lose my ladylike manners for that one! ;-)

4 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Pep said…

    sounds like sheer indulgence those drinks you guys had. looks like hong kong has hoisted the red signal as typhoon "lilly" seems to be gathering force in town...

    Sounds like you are having an absolute blast...that's great to hear.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Jola said…

    Hey there!! Slow down on the chocolate or you won't fit into Charlie's dress!!!

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Joyfulone said…

    I don't know where you get your self-control, and I would say that I envy you but then I'd miss out on all the chocolate... and don't I need it durning my dry spell!

    Besides, the nikerunning website reccommends it. I can't argue with them. I need it for, uhm... er.. training!!!

    So, come over to the dark side!!! Lick that glass and suck down those maltesers, Lilly!

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger tsotsa said…

    Hahahahaha!! Yes ladies and gentlemen... meet Candace: the new, reformed RUNNER ! :-)

    Yes I predict that after our intense week of running we'll be in dire need of those cocktails!
    ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home