tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Monday, February 26, 2007

Good news everyone! ... My work visa has FINALLY been approved and I am now a legal citizen of Hong Kong (as opposed to illegal immigrant! :-P ) I got the news just before the weekend and since then i;ve been running all over HK getting stuff done.

Firt step was a visa run. Since i was here as a tourist the first thing I had to do was leave HK, get stamped out as a tourist and re-enter as a working citizen. So Saturday morning my long journey began: bus ride into the city but the bus broke down so i had to get off and wait for another bus! A couple of hours later I arrived at the Ferry terminal that would take me to the island of Macau. The ferry ride is an hour and once i got there i stamped into Macau and then walked upstairs to departures and stamped out again! 10 min later I was on the boat again heading back!! One hour later I was back in Hk being stamped in as an official citizen.
Yes ladies and gentlemen...all that work just for a stamp on my passport!!

In more interesting news I got a first glimpse of my apartment and i'm telling you.. it ain't pretty!! Location wise I can't complain because its actually in the city centre so i'm pretty close to everything. Otherwise its gonna be needing a lot of work!!! I could start by telling you that the first thing i saw when i walked through the door is a GREEN couch. Of all colours green! The walls have wallpaper which is kind of in shiny white with a feather design..but dont fret... because if you dont fancy the feathers you can avert your eyes to the ceiling which is all swirly designs!! I think i'm gonna become autistic in this apartment!! Whatever happened to white walls?!
On the windows in the living room i have 'pretty' bright blue curtains with yellow smiling moons. The kitchen is oldish and the place is filthy. Im gonna complain that they send someone to scrub it down this week but something tells me i'm gonna be doing a lot of scrubbing too! I think this calls for BEFORE and AFTER photos!

So yesterday Candace and I carried half my stuff there and then returned to her place for our last night as official roomies! (Yes meanwhile i was upgraded from gatecrasher to roomie!) First we went for a lovely evening run and then sat down to watch Sex in the City with a lovely glass of wine and delicious cheeses, parma ham, tomatoes with basil, tzatziki, hummus and fresh bread! SUCH a treat! Its gonna be weird moving to a new place without my lilly! I'm gonna miss her so much!

SInce i start work tomorrow, today ill be moving the rest of my things and doing some settling in. I also predict ill be eating fruit for the next couple of days for fear of contracting some disease from my filthy kitchen!!

WISH ME LUCK! xxx

6 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Joyfulone said…

    You're a resident of Hong Kong, not a citizen, silly!!!

    I miss you, Lilly!!!!

    Can't wait to see you on Friday.

    Hope your week goes well...
    Don't forget to beat the kids! When they act up, just stare at them and say:
    "Somebodygonnagethurtrealbad!"

    See my blog for the unedited review of your flat.

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Pep said…

    By the sounds of it your apartment was decorated by British expats who took an acid trip and came to Hong Kong via the 1967 "Summer of Love."

    Then again you didn't have to sleep in a pink room with balloons on the walls and a Garfield light looking down on you for a year.

    Still your apartment sounds pretty umm..colourful :)

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Jola said…

    Hahha well done, so finally it arrived!!! The green couch will remind you of your ex-flat mate who loved GREEN!!! :-)

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Petra said…

    So happy for you love! It's gonna be fun giving your apartment a makeover! Please send photos...so curious xxx

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger cass said…

    Yes!! please send me photos so I can love my ultra modern apartment more than i already do!! :)

    Well good luck with the cleaning process a little elbow grease and im sure (well atleast i hope!) your place becomes liveable!

    Anyway biittchhh good luck with a class full of kids! oh those were the days!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Pep said…

    And don't forget to remember to tell the Chinese cleaners when they come over to your house to...

    "Clean Up! Clean Up! Everybody,Everywhere"

    "Clean Up! Clean Up!
    Everybody, Everywhere.....!"

    xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home