tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Monday, February 05, 2007

SHOE GAL! ;-)

Oooh what a wonderful weekend! Friday night was a crazy-unexpected girls night out which resulted in a looong sleep-in on saturday morning! You gotta love those sleep-ins!!! :-) Needless to say at midday i literally flew out of bed and in wolly-mode i threw open my curtains (actually its a sarong-pegged-to-the-window-make-do-curtain-kinda-thing) and the sun shone in on me and i was like 'oooooh its a beautiful day! lets get some sun!!' Candace lay on the couch and stared at the freak in me through groggy eyes. After a quick trip to the supermarket i decided that we were going to have a mini picnic in the sun so i prepared sandwiches and some fruit and we walked the whole way (ummm...2 min) to the seafront and found a nice, cosy, sunny bench in a non-smoking area (yes this is Hong Kong..they have smoking and non-smoking areas OUTDOORS). We ate our sandwiches, people-watched, and watched people people-watch us! Yes we are the weird aliens..umm i mean foreigners! (Just to remind you...Tuen Mun is way out of the city centre so anything with round eyes and hips is truly obscene). Well bring on the stares! I don't care! I actually have fun seeing the old people almost fall over because they are too busy concentrating on staring!

On a more interesting note... I'm starting to love small dogs!! (Ok i know i said interesting but i'll keep this short.) I was always a medium to big-dog kinda-person but since here in HK people live in matchboxes their pets have to be mini too so all i see are these tiny dogs running all over the place!!! Super cute...i'm so in love! The one that gets my vote is a pug... Cute Cute Cute..and people actually have dog-strollers so they wheel their dogs around!! Hahahahhaha! And before you thinks thats all a bit too quirky for you... the other day i saw a pug in a bumble bee outfit... wings and all! Bzzzzz

Moving on.... as i mentioned in my previous post i've decided to try for the half marathon, so i've been doing some serious training this week. I've started my outdoor runs and i have figured out a pretty route that goes along the river and through a park. At home i used to run on the dusty road near home and cars would drive past and hoot and i'd get the occasional 'psssss baby'. Now its a nice, scenic, serene run and the best part of it all.... there are other runners too!! i am finally part of a community! :-) Oh yes... there are lots of pugs too!

So our Saturday was pretty quiet: picnic in the sun... run in the park at dusk...indian take-out for dinner, all in all a very pleasant day! Sunday on the other hand took us from laid-back-village scene to crowded streets in the city centre!! Our day started off early as we headed into the city for our Sunday lunch... not exactly your typical roast and mashed potatoes but traditional chinese food known as Dim Sum which is basically the asian equivalent to Greek meze! Dim Sum are mostly steamed buns with different fillings and you basically sit at a round table with a rotating centre and the food is shared among friends. Check out this picture for a better idea -




Now you have all heard my chinese food horror stories but you will be surprised to hear that this was really really good!! I loved almost everything i tasted and i can't wait to go back! So contrary to what i always preached so far... chinese food is not always bad!! :-) I take it back.

After a lovely lunch Candace and i did what we do best = shoe shopping! Lilly introduced me to her bargain shoe shop and we went absolutely crazy in there! I'm not a shoe person back at home because i have narrow feet so nothing fits right...but here in Hk ...where everything is made small... my feet are pretty happy! :-) So we each got two pairs of sexy-high heeled shoes (in black and red) and we are really looking forward to strutting our stuff next weekend (followed by limping home with nasty blisters.... shoe obsession and masochism go hand in hand)!

So Monday rolls around and today i spent most of the day running around the city trying to get my visa done! They have finally issued a document that acknowledges that my certificates of studies are true (naaa...didnt have those made in bangkok afterall) so now that i have this the immigration department can finish off the whole visa-do and i can finally have a job! So hopefully everything should be sorted out soon.

On an exciting note...if my visa is issued this week Candace and i will go out for celebratory dinner next weekend and we will wear our new shoes!

See...in life there is a reason for everything! ;-)

4 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Jola said…

    Hi Mart!!! Woww what a coincidence, recently I also started to really like small dogs!!! And I've been telling Ivan that we have to get a pug. I think I fell in love with them when I went to a nearby pet-shop to buy a a (giant-size) jacket for Buddy, and there were all these cute doggies running all over the shop trying different outfits. Sooo cute!!!

     
  • At 2:57 AM, Blogger tsotsa said…

    I know pugs are adoorable!!! Besides they are small so you can pretty much take them with you wherever you go! hehehehhee

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Petra said…

    hey babe-
    always thought pugs were cute :)my collegue has an adorable black one called Maya...even though they look small and portable i can assure you that its one hell of a heavy dog...compact but heavy...i wanted to attch a real cute pic of a pug but i dont think I can uff...

    speak to you soon lady x

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Pep said…

    I don't like big dogs. I actually have a small phobia of large dogs ever since i was attacked as a six year old across the road from my grandmothers house.

    I was playing cricket with the kids from across the road and the german shepherd got through the wire door and actually went for the ball but got it confused with the top of my right ear.

    The top part of my ear was bitten clean off and was lying in the grass. It was taken in a towel to the local hospital where it was reattached with glue.

    I had to wear a bandage all over my head for about 7 weeks.

    Actually come to think of it... i never want a big dog ever as a pet in my life. Small dogs rule...like my little champion of a dog Syd.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home