tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Thursday, February 01, 2007

THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING IDLE...

So here I am! The beginning of a new month and i'm still here: homeless and unemployed!! 3 weeks ago my visa process came to a halt because they needed to get my documents accredited (don't ask?!) and now another department is working on assessing my documents and this process takes officially 15 working days. Tomorrow is the 15th day...hopefully they will stick to deadlines! After that immigrations department can finalise my visa which i'm guessing can take anywhere between 1 day and 1year! (at this rate nothing surprises me!!) I am keeping my fingers crossed that by this time next week I will have a visa and will be one step closer to starting work!

So thats the story. Boring I know. My days have been pretty quiet this week! I was enjoying lazing about doing nothing but now i'm longing to fill my days with screeching kids! hahahahaha! I am so frustrated at immigration... I could walk in there with a dynamite strapped to me and treathen them!!.. well ok.. maybe walk in there and stamp my feet and put on a scene!

On the positive side the weather is just great! Candace apartment overlooks the sea and the last few days have been so amazingly sunny! I've been running on the promenade along the sea and then find a nice patch of shade and do my stretching and cool down. Real bliss! There's also a pretty park at the end of the promenade and in the mornings old men gather under a gazebo and play these weird instruments. It's very idyllic in a screechy kind of way! :-P Candace and I have decided to take part in the Hong Kong marathon on the 4th March. Months ago i had decided that i wouldn't run it mostly because it starts at 6am! but now i realise that i enjoy running more when i can train with a goal in mind...and i guess a run around the city wil be pretty cool. Candace is trying for the 10km and if my training goes well i'll be doing the half marathon..even though i am a bit skeptical about managing that because i'm not sure if i can train well in just 5 weeks. If i find that it's too much i'll opt for the 10km race.

And that's pretty much it. Very soon it's Chinese New Year and decorations are up and everything looks festive and slightly tacky...everything BUT Candace's front door which is an interesting blend of Christmas and Chinese new year decorations! Luckily there is still *some* space left for the Easter decorations! :-P

Fingers crossed for that #**#?!#^#>@ visa!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Pep said…

    Very nice use of the Oasis song for the title of your blog update.

    Which reminds me, not only is my iPod sadly lacking in songs by the Gallagher brothers but it also reminds me of a couple things:

    1. How much the Chinese love red tape. If something says it will take 15 days it usually takes 15 days, no more..no less. They love to stick to timetables don't they? The can't speed anything up out of the sake of being nice can they?

    2. Oasis and Hong Kong. As you probably know i saw Oasis play Hong Kong with the person whose name we dare not speak (the Gar Bear and his dad) was a pretty good concert. Considering i got the best view of the night from standing out the front of the mens toilets directly behind the stage!

    Ahh you're visa will come, you'll start work soon and in a couple of months time you'll be saying "Those f#cking kids are horrible and alll i want is some peace and quiet!"

    Speak to you soon babe

    xxxxxxx

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger Joyfulone said…

    *hides knives*

    *bolts down heavy objects*

    *laces morning tea with E"

    In a forgiving mood yet?

    Just don't kill anyone! You'll NEVER get your documents then.

    Monday is D-Day... othewise known as Whoo-Hoo Day! You can murder them after that!

     
  • At 2:52 AM, Blogger tsotsa said…

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ..... i'm deranged .....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home