tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Monday, June 18, 2007

To take or not to take medicine...

I've been sitting around for the past half hour wondering if people die of colds. I've ignored my cold for 4 days now and i'm beginning to fear it might be too late. Perhaps I should drop this and write my will now. I'm not sure why I get sick so often... it just happens! I eat healthily, I exercise, I take care of myself - I guess the only thing to blame is the airconditioning.

Here in Hk you step out onto the street and its 95% humid and almost 30degrees - you immediately break into a sweat - carefully applied makeup begins to melt away, your nicely styled hair begins to frizz up, the clothes on your back that just seconds ago smelt of clean are now absorbing the sweat oozing out of your skin. Charming! You then step indoors and you break through this invisible wall where hot air meets freezing air - the airconditioning is blasting and you can almost hear your skin go *tssssss*. No wonder I'm sick.

A friend of mine is always preaching me about our body's capabilities of healing itself without the need of medication. I believe this is true but I always take medicines. This time round i decided to test this theory. I started feeling unwell thursday evening... ''oh it's just a cold'' i said to myself. Scratchy throat...runny nose...no medicine. Saturday rolls around and cold is still there. I cough up a green slime ball. No medicine. Sunday i'm having coffee with Lilly and i can hardly hear her talk from across the table. My ears are blocked. No medicine. Monday I wake up with no voice and I can barely talk to my boss to tell her i'm too sick to go to work. 3hours ago I concluded that I love me and i'm not a masochist and pay a visit to Dr. Fok Lai who tells me I have a throat infection, gives me medicine and the routine advice of ''no chilli, no spicy, no candy''! Yes Sir!

So do you seriously think i'm gonna sit around staring at my medicines while my infection eats away at my insides!
I think not!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Petra said…

    hey babe...so glad to see you've given us blog readers something new and fresh to read as I was tired of checking your nook daily only to find the same DRIP DRIP GUSH you'd written aaaaaaages ago!!

    Sorry to hear you're sick babe...and I admire your trying hard to stay away from medication, though now you should just face facts that your body is totally dependant on them and you ain't gonna get away with natural healing so next time you hear "ATCHOO!!" well...just hit the medicine chest I guess :P

    Ps. try the usual hot water,honey and lemon for throats...works wonders for sleep too.Plus some clean ocean always does the trick!

    Love you babe! me dashing to piano lesson xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home