tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Monday, May 28, 2007

Drip .. Drip ... Guuuuush!!!

Update Update Update!! I have so much to tell you about!

Firstly you must all recall my complaints regarding my leaking toilet - it has been leaking for about 3 months and last week they finally sent a plumber to change the damn thing. I was overjoyed: 1. I was gonna have a new toilet and 2. I was gonna have an afternoon off sitting around in my apartment while the plumber worked away. So the man shows up and gets to work while I played around on my computer... suddenly from my toilet i hear 'Waaaaaaaaa' (plumber shouting) and 'Gssshhhhhhhhh' (water gushing!!!) I ran to see what was going on but the plumber had closed the door to keep the water in - i press my ear against the door and listen to strange gurgling sounds..somebody scrambling around...swearing in chinese ... suddenly i look down and water is gushing out from under the door! My helper grabs these old blankets and starts throwing them against the door hoping that will stop the water from spreading while i frantically rush around the apartment picking things off the floor! Needless to say - within five minutes I was ankle deep in water and the whole place was flooded. The security in our block was informed of the crisis and the water supply was closed off. As we carried furniture out into the hallway my security man walked around taking pictures (apparently they have to record everything that happens in the block)! While i stared with teary eyes and wondered how we would get rid of all the water this man showed up with a hoover-like-water-sucking-device and started to hoover up all the water. Fun!

Eventually the plumber got to work again and my chinese headteachers showed up with our school cleaning ladies and helped me sort things out. Just when we thought all the drama was over my headteachers went to close one of the windows and the bloody thing just broke off its hinges and plunged down below (12 floors) into a communal garden (where cute old ladies practise tai-chi)!! While my headteacher jumped around in shock i peered out of the missing window half expecting to see a lifeless old lady. I'm joking about this now but thank god no one was hurt !! It was bloody scary! Needless to say within minutes the security man was back in my apartment taking pictures followed by the police (apparently when windows fall police are informed) .. so really and truly it was like a house party in my apartment! Woohooo... crack open the champagne! A couple of hours later my party crashers had left me and my apartment was back to normal (minus one window)! Something tells me the security man will be keeping a watchful eye on me from now on! Oh yes - i have a new pink toilet!

On Friday night my colleagues organised a dress-up house party! I dressed as a sailor-ette and did the most embarrassing walk of my life (from my place round the corner to my colleague) in my cute costume. I got into the elevator with this woman and she was giggling at me while i tried to explain by muttering 'funny clothes - haha' while pointing at my striped socks- i think she might have got the gist of that! lol! We had a really wild time and my Polish colleague impressed us all with her vodka drinking skills! Aaah those polish girls - dont mess with them!

On saturday I had an interview for a position as an english teacher in a primary school. Candace prepped me during the week and even though i felt prepared my confidence was low! I was so nervous, probably because I really really wanted the job and i was worried i would lose my chance. Anway, I DID get the job! :-) The school is really nice and the people who interviewed me seem really nice too! I wasnt expecting to have an answer right away but it was quite an informal interview and after an hour they asked - 'so do you want to work here' - me - 'YES' - they shook my hands and said 'welcome to our school!'. I couldnt believe my ears!! :-) Thank you thank you thank you my gorgeous lilly - this is all thanks to you! So new job starts in September - goodbye cursed apartment - goodbye kindergarten! Here's to new and exciting beginnings! :-)

Summer holidays start in just around 6 weeks and my lilly and I are taking the long train to TIBET!!! Its gonna be so exciting!! No plans as yet..except that we are going by train and lilly has agreed to buy a backpack! (I'm still trying to talk her into sleeping in tibetan monasteries) lol! This is gonna be an adventure!


Grrrr pose! Alex, me, Paulina, Alicia and Alice!


Bill, me and Alicia


Alex, me and Paulina


Me and Alicia


Cookie Hoarder!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Petra said…

    woo hoo...sounds like u had lots of fun after all the toilet mishap...

    Love the last photo-your expression really reveals your state of mind at that very moment :D hahahaaaaaa

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    great pics by the way and so much going on!!

    lifes working beautifully for you and thats great to read.

    speak to you soon x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home