tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Monday, October 01, 2007

Spreading the CRAZY!

Hello my peeps! I really have become quite lazy with blogging!! I let the updates add up and then I post one big update! lol!

To begin with I had a FANTASTIC birthday. Actually this was my first birthday away from home and I wasn't really excited about the whole thing. I didnt wanna plan any parties or anything - mostly because although I have met many people here in HK really and truly I only have a couple of good friends. A couple of night before my birthday I was at our neighbourhood pub with my ex-colleagues who also live in the area and they were getting all excited about my birthday and insisting we organised something crazy. So we planned to have a 'knick-knacks' party and meet up at one of my favourite bars in HK called 'feather boa' which is very loungey and parisian style and have the BEST drinks = strawberry daiquiris (real strawberries) and the glass is dipped in chocolate!! ok ok i know i constantly rave about this place! - it's divine! So the eve of my birthday I got home to find a card in my letter box - perfect timing! A cute card from my parents full of sweet words and of course the tears flowed (happy ones! lol) The next day i awoke to GORGEOUS weather so I headed out around noon and met up with Paulina and Candace for manicures! After that we headed to a bar with a huge terrace overlooking HK harbour and had some late lunch and a girly cocktail! I really enjoyed the afternoon with my ladies.

For our night out I wore the most gorgeous dress which I fished out from a boutique shop in the city. As my knick knack I opted for a bright blue wig which matched perfectly with my dress! ;-) My ladies geared up with some very cute accessories - fufu headbands, wands, tiaras... bring on the bling! We really had a fun night at feather boa - i must say that my friends really made it special for me! I was also particularly excited because I have a new crush and I knew he was going to be there - actually I thought he wasnt really interested in me but my FBI detective Candace did some investigative work and discovered some interesting things! :-P











Last wednesday was a public holiday and once again the weather was great so I was up early and a group of us went hiking. YOu might be surprised to hear that 60% of HK is actually green area, so we headed out into the hills for a 9km hike. The trails are properly marked and easy to follow without getting lost! Needless to say it was a tiring hike but it ended on a beautiful beach. We spent the rest of the afternoon lying in the sun and swimming followed with dinner on the beach! It's funny how at home we never go hiking - we usually walk for 10 minutes and then sit down and open up our picnic bags and thermos! lol! So this was pretty new to me.







This weekend was really fun. I had a date with my crush on friday night and i realised i have no idea how to date.. i haven't really been on many official dates in my life! It's really a lot of pressure. He likes me for the way i look but now he is getting to know me so will he like me for who i am... and i like him so i want him to like me.. woooow so much pressure. I noticed that when i'm nervous i make jokes.. and i'm not really sure that works well for everyone. Well at least he seemed to laugh at my jokes! lol. Saturday was a beautiful day so Paulina and I headed out on a tanning mission. We went to this beach about an hour far but it was worth it! The sea was perfect.. the day was perfect! I actually haven't done much swimming this summer so I really appreciate a day at the beach. We also noticed that this is the poser beach in HK... don't show up unless you have DIOR sunglasses, a six-pack and some serious beach style! Otherwise you can hang out in the reject section with the rest of us *sigh*!

Paulina is leaving HK!!! This is really sad for me since she is a special friend and since we were neighbours i saw quite a lot of her. This is one of the few things that i hate about HK.. people are always coming and going. The good news is that she is moving to Thailand so i'm pretty sure i'll be seeing her again soon enough. Yesterday we organised a farewell dinner at my place with a 1920's theme and things got pretty wild! I'm really gonna miss my polish vodka queen!!







1 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Petra said…

    ok ok....WHERE ARE THE DAM PHOTOS OF YOUR CRUSHHHH!!!! HALLOOO....PLS PASTE THEM WE WANNA SEE AND KNOW MORE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home