tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What's in a name??

Life has been pretty full on in the past 2 weeks. I've slowly been getting into my new job and I have to admit its been going quite well!. I'm definitely happy to be out of the kindergarten and into primary school! Waaay better! I'm teaching P1 and P2 classes so the kids are really active and also quite smart! I teach a total of 10 classes - 37 students in each class - 10 classes - NO WAY of remembering their names but I have made a list of the most amusing names i've come across till now.

Whatever happened to the good old days when we gave kids normal names like Peter and Jane? What followed was a craze on naming kids after famous people - Elton, Shania, Brooke and the inevitable Britney. Here in Hk it seems like the fashion is to actually MAKE UP kids names - the more exuberant and unpronounceable the better!!! Here are the names of some of my students, which I tried to organise in order of retardedness but they are all way to quirky to organise!! -

Girls=
1. Cherry
2. Godiva (chocaholic?)
3. Melody
4. Shania (wow..here too?)
5. Yoyo (somebody please tell her parents this is NOT a name!
6. Tango (you lost me here)
7. Jainta (huh?)
8. Querida (?!*%$)
9. Eunice (ugly)

Boys=
1. Pelton
2. Sunny
3. Enoch
4. Nathaniel
5. Jasie (JayZ?)
6. Dickson (wot?)
7. Lordman (double-wot?)
8. Shneider (saved the best for last!! hahahaha)


In other updates - I've signed up for a half marathon in aid of UNICEF happening on the 2nd December! So as from next week starts my 10week intensive/bad hair running program, with my only rest days being the 2 days i'll have evening classes at UNI. I've been getting back into running for the past 2 weeks and it hasn't been too bad so far. The hardest thing has been coordinating my meal times and my running times, so I have invested in a very untrendy but lifesaving THERMOS!! He is my new lover and he goes everywhere with me! thanks to him I have nice wholesome lunches at school and am not starved for my run. He also has his own bag with little handles so I can carry him around like a purse and nobody would guess whats in it! He's quite a stylish man! ;-)

3 Comments:

  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger Joyfulone said…

    "Whatever happened to the good old days when we gave kids normal names like Peter and Jane?"

    Well, you know how much I like that first name!!!

    I had 3 YoYos at my guided reading table. I think it's Hong Kong's answer to Jennifer!

    Lordman! *smirk* You just know he's going to grow up to be a triad pimp with a name like that! Stay in his good books!

    Miss you bitch! I left you a birthday shout out on Multiply.

    Candace.

     
  • At 5:02 AM, Blogger tsotsa said…

    Hahahaha I love how you say 'miss you' and yet we are still living in the same country!

    Show your face bitch!! :-)
    XXX

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger cass said…

    my friends name is melody! lordman would def be the most $%^& up out of the lot. if he ever leaves Hong Kong for somewhere like oz i hope for his sake he changes his name.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home