tsotsa's nook

Welcome to my little nook ... a place where you can read up on my adventures, my non-adventures,my thoughts and ideas. So grab a cuppa and enjoy! ;-)

Monday, September 03, 2007

Greetings from six floors up!

It's official... i made it! :-)

After a gruelling two days of going back and forth from old to new apartment carrying countless boxes and suitcases, I finally completed the move. Since then I've pretty much been trying to recover from it - my aching, sick and bruised self was physically and mentally stressed out. My colleague Paulina was an angel sent from above - she helped me paint, clean, carry .. pretty much everything. I think I owe her dinners for the next year!

Once all my stuff was in, the place was a total mess - boxes and bags were scattered all over the place - and just looking at the mess I thought i was gonna have a panic attack. Those of you who know me well are aware that i'm a serious neat freak - and I have to admit that I scare myself sometimes - this case in particular i needed to close myself in my bedroom so I wouldnt see the mess in the rest of the house! hahahaha! *sigh*

Over the weekend I got myself organised. Sorted through my stuff, did more work around the house, and the most exciting part - bought a tv off the street!! Here in Hk you can see people sitting on the corner with 2nd hand appliances lying around closeby. There is one guy just 2 blocks away. I had been keeping an eye on him for a week or so - one day he had a washing machine, another day a monitor, then a tv but far too huge, until BINGO, there lay my TV looking fairly abandoned and lonely on that cold pavement! So after agreeing on a price the man picked up the bloody thing and carried it to the fruit shop across the street and plugged it in so we could check that it worked! LOL! hilarious! After that he carried it to my place and for the humble price of lm20 i now have a tv! lol

Today I started my new job but I have nothing exciting to say because i pretty much did nothing all day. However, from today I am officially a commuter and I must say, i quite like it! :-)

SO here are some BEFORE pics of my apartment although I had already done some work when these pics were taken. Most doors had been painted although you can still se one hideous brown door so just imagine all doors in that colour! AFTER pics to follow soon!


living room...my bedroom right inside and spare room on the right. P.S... BROWN door! ugh


other end of living room


my kitchen!! more BROWN! If youre wondering where the doors lead to - one is a mini terrace (about 1m by 1m lol) the other is a back exit which isnt used anymore.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Petra said…

    hey babe! nice to see your flat is taking shape!! is it not furnished at all??? wow ure very courageous e! i like the way u bought the appliances...wish i could do that here but really not in milan style. Keep the photos coming xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home